Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (*.docx) and is complied with the JAK article template.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided as a supplementary file (a separated file).
- The text is single-spaced; uses an 11-point Adobe Garamond Pro (main text); Adobe Caslon Pro (title); and Myriad Pro Bold (heading) fonts; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all chemical reaction schemes, illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end of the manuscript.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). In other words, the manuscript is not a duplicate publication.
- The manuscript will not be submitted elsewhere until the editorial process is completed.
- The manuscript is arranged in the following sequence: title, authors, affiliations, abstract, keywords, Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, Conflict of Interest, Acknowledgements, References.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements (i.e. APA Style 6th Edition) as outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Section default policy
An author who publishes in the Jurnal Akademika Kimia (JAK) agrees to the following terms:
- The author retains the copyright and grants the JAK the right of first publication of the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- The author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) with the acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- The author is permitted and encouraged to post his/her work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of the published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Read more about the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Licence here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.